Whirltronics Inc, a full-service metal manufacturer specializing in precision lawn mower blades, has added a new opportunity for a Production Manager in Buffalo, MN. The primary function is to oversee all aspects of Production on all three shifts. For more than 40 years, Whirltronics has been serving customer metal stamping, forming, heat treating, painting and packaging needs. We have a strong work ethic, not only in lean manufacturing, but also in our desire to be the best in class for the customers we serve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Manage 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift supervisors (includes performance reviews, training and ensuring communication of information to and from the management team)
- Assist with the coaching, mentoring and training of our 60+ production employees
- Determine the number of employees needed on the shop floor (in total, by shift, by labor grade and when overtime is needed)
- Partner with Human Resources to resolve employee relation issues, employee questions, and assist in hiring
- Effectively communicate to employees on all three shifts, build employee morale
- Analyzes operational performance and makes recommendations for manufacturing process improvements with a focus on lean manufacturing
- Manage production planning and scheduling from forecast to job orders
- Responsible for maintaining a safe manufacturing working environment and assures compliance within company policies
- Allocates and manages resources (personnel, equipment and materials) to optimize production output with respect to safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Ensure timely production of prototypes and 1st part blades
- 4+ years’ experience in the manufacturing industry and prior management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Technical/mechanical ability
- Planning/organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage and develop employees
- Understanding of Lean Principals, 5S, Kaizens and continuous improvement
- Analytical/report generating skills
- Computer literate (MS Office) with excellent verbal and written communication skills
We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefit package including 401(k) with a company match. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume with a brief cover letter highlighting your unique qualifications to:
Attn: Human Resources
208 Centennial Drive
Buffalo, MN 55313